The Kemtrak FL007 is a fibre optic probe-based oil in water monitor that is ideal for those looking to:
• Trace oil in water
• Detect leaks
• Measure cooling water and condensate return
• Monitor drinking water, wastewater, and impact on the environment.
Offering a state-of-the-art combined fluorescence and turbidity measurement, the Kemtrak FL007 provides reliable, continuous monitoring of oil and hydrocarbon contamination in water. Highlights include:
• Simultaneous UV fluorescence and turbidity
• Hygienic Ø12 mm PG 13.5 immersion probe
• Real time in-line measurement
• Calibration for 16 different oil types
• Suitable for hazardous area use
• Alarm, 4-20mA and Modbus communications.
The probe works on the basis that mineral oils rich in aromatic content will fluoresce when illuminated with ultraviolet light. The intensity of this fluorescence is dependent upon the polyaromatic hydrocarbon (PAH) content of the oil. Typical oils that fluoresce are fuel oil, crude oil, hydraulic oil, and transformer oil.
Every oil has its own unique fluorescence intensity, resulting from its specific PAH content. The combined fluorescence from both dissolved and dispersed oil in water can then be measured and correlated to the oil content.
Other gases and solids present in the stream will not fluoresce and therefore do not affect the measurement, and it’s important to bear in mind that non-mineral oils or hydrocarbons low in aromatic content may not fluoresce.
Standard features of the Kemtrak FL007 include:
• 16 linearization tables for multiple product switching
• Remote zeroing
• Automatic cleaning cycle
• Signal filtering.
A range of standard fittings and retractable probe holders to be used, due to the immersion probe having the same dimensions as industry standard Ø12 mm PG 13.5 pH sensors.
If you’re working in a hazardous environment, the probe is still suitable for use owing to its robust, industrial fibre optic probe with scratch resistant sapphire optics, no electronics, and no moving parts.
It can also be remotely operated and calibrated through a built-in graphical internet-based interface using a standard web browser.
To find out more about how the Kemtrak FL007 works and the benefits of using this instrument, please contact us at: sales:fullbrook.com or call: 01442 876777.
Specifically designed for those working in the oil and petroleum industry, the Turbiscan Oil Series is a popular instrument used world-wide to detect destabilisations at an early stage, including coalescence, flocculation, creaming, and sedimentation.
Stability analysis of heavy fuel oil can be undertaken due to an innovative method (ASTM D7061) that provides quick detection of all instabilities.
The instrument works using Static Multiple Light Scattering in both Transmission (T) and Backscattering (BS), to analyse low and high concentration dispersions.
The T & BS signals depend on particle size and concentration. The Turbiscan Oil Series acquires T & BS every 20 microns along the sample height, with scans repeated during ageing time to detect any variation of the signal due to a destabilization, such as particle migration and/or particle size.
Key benefits of the Turbiscan Oil Series include:
- Stability reserve measurement
- High repeatability, accuracy, and objectivity
- Up to 200 times faster than the naked eye
- Only 15 minutes required to determine the stability of heavy fuels and crude oils
- One product means just one stability, and one number.
- State-of-the-art software with 1 click data treatment and report generation
- No calibration or parameters need – just simply dilute in toluene and precipitate with heptane
- A robust and portable instrument to carry out into the field if necessary.
As well as heavy fuels and crude oil, the Turbiscan Oil Series can also measure the effects of additives and blending.
The Turbiscan Oil Series has a compact, lightweight design (<5 kg), which means the unit can be easily transported from the research and development lab to on-field analysis.
To find out why this technology has been used in over 2,000 publications, 700 patents and 50 countries, please contact us at: email@example.com or call us on: 01442 876777.
For those working in the production of paint, coatings and adhesives, Fullbrook Systems provides a full suite of machines to assist with everyday tasks.
These include DISPERMAT dispersers, dissolvers, basket mills and bead mills by VMA-GETZMANN.
The DISPERMAT SC Dissolvers are an ideal multipurpose production dissolver for any container size.
The most important application is the dispersion of fine-grained solids into liquids. In this dispersion procedure three separate processes run in parallel:
• The wetting-out of the surface with the liquid medium.
• The mechanical de-agglomeration of the associated solid particles into discreet primary particles.
• The stabilisation of the smaller particles generated by dispersion against renewed agglomeration.
These dissolvers can be fitted with a choice of control options, and be used across a wide range of industries, including paintings and coatings, printing inks, construction chemicals, glues, varnishes, and plastics.
To mill and reduce the particle size of low and medium viscosity products, the TORUSMILL SK Basket Mill offers a functional and compact design, with excellent grinding results in a short time, as well as:
• repeatable grinding results
• uniform average residence time
• narrow particle size distribution
• no dead areas due to effective mill base circulation
• no escape of milling beads during the fine milling process
• fine milling in a closed system
• low energy requirement
• simple cleaning and quick change of mill base
• a user‒friendly milling system, with very simple and safe handling.
These durable and highly efficient basket mills are in operation worldwide, alongside the DISPERMAT RS horizontal bead mills.
Both milling systems are ideal for temperature sensitive products and when a required dispersion result cannot be achieved on a high‒speed disperser.
The RS horizontal production bead mill is designed for fine milling and grinding with single pass or re-circulation.
With an efficient cooling circuit, heat sensitive products can be milled under temperature controlled conditions.
DISPERMAT bead mills are used in many applications, such as dyestuffs/varnishes, chemistry, microbiology, agrochemicals, pharmacy, and cosmetics.
To find out how our production machines can assist with your production processes, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01442 876777. You can also view our range of instruments on our website.
October 2016 Fullbrook Systems Ltd move to new premises in Hemel Hempstead. After being in the same offices for many years the company moved to more suitable premises