The Turbiscan is the leading technology to detect, at an early stage, all kinds of destabilisations such as coalescence, flocculation, creaming, and sedimentation.
Emulsions, suspensions, or foams can be studied at a full concentration range (up to 95%v/v) without dilution or sample denaturation. Combining the SMLS technology with an in-depth knowledge of formulation science, the Turbiscan has become the most popular choice for a complete dispersion characterisation (i.e. dispersibility, shelf-life, and redispersing properties).
The Turbsican TRI-LAB also benefits from the following:
• Fast stability measurement on up to 3 samples – accelerate your stability measurement up to 1,000 times faster than visual observation.
• Immediate Stability quantification – use the Turbsican Stability Index to rapidly quantify destabilisation kinetics. Take advantage of fast and simple product ranking, to enable straightforward decision making.
• Assess the shelf life of potential new products under realistic conditions – the Turbiscan TRI-LAB offers real stability determination without mechanical stress or dilution (concentration up to 95% v/v).
• Size Measurement – Static Multiple Light Scattering (SMLS) allows the determination of the mean particle size and its variation.
How does Static Multiple Light Scattering work?
The Turbiscan TRI-LAB uses SMLS to detect particle migration and size variation in liquid dispersions (please see the figure below). A measurement head moves over the cell height and works with 2 synchronous detectors: Transmission (T) and Backscattering (BS).
This offers highly sensitive and reliable analysis of transparent to opaque samples even at high concentrations. T & BS signals are related to particle size and concentration and their variation is a sign of destabilization that is occurring. The Turbiscan Tri-Lab acquires both destabilization kinetics and mean particle size data at any given time.
What are the other key benefits of the Turbiscan TRI-LAB?
Additional benefits of using the TRI-LAB for your research and development include:
• Fast and sensitive stability determination – the Turbiscan TRI-LAB is 1,000 times faster than visual control, offering real storage conditions with no centrifugation or dilution required. You can also rapidly study stability with 3 sample positions from 20 to 60 degrees using the accelerated stability analysis.
• Gather a complete insight into formulation properties – this includes dispersion stability analysis (e.g. migration velocity, phase thickness, diameter kinetics), particle size (e.g. mean diameter and hydrodynamic diameter), dispersibility and redispersion testing (mean signal value comparison).
• The simple and intuitive interface displays a global stability quantified with just one number to make decisions faster. This LCD screen also allows for instant reading. The adapted TSI scale for smart guidance produces a high quality valuation.
Which industries can the Turbiscan TRI-LAB be applied to?
The TRI-LAB has recently been used across the following sectors:
• Home and Personal Care
• Paints and Inks
• Oil and Petroleum
Where can I find out more about the Turbiscan TRI-LAB?
For more information about how this popular instrument can help your formulation research and development, please contact us today on: 01442 876777 or email: email@example.com.
You can see the full technical specifications for the TRI-LAB below:
October 2016 Fullbrook Systems Ltd move to new premises in Hemel Hempstead. After being in the same offices for many years the company moved to more suitable premises